First of all, thank you so much for following my blog! I truly appreciate all the support I get towards my writing career.
Unfortunately, I have decided to move my blog over to Blogger. I have the same domain name, but you might need to follow me through another social media outlet in order to stay up to date with my posts. I would love if you continued to follow me!
You can do so via your Google account (because blogger is connected with google) or you can follow:
My blog’s Facebook page
My Bloglovin account
Today is going to be a long day for me and just thinking about it starts to make me tired. I usually stay up late doing blog work/writing and then wake up mid-morning to have some time before my afternoon/early evening job. Today I’m working the more typical 9-5 hours and we all know that’s hard to do even when you’re already used to it (which I am not.) So this morning when I woke up and laid in bed for awhile, I thought to myself “what can I do to make this day, even this week, be more positive and keep myself in a good mood?” That’s when I realized that sometimes life is just about the little things. Those small moments in your day that make you smile or laugh or just grateful to be alive. Sometimes it’s the little things that really affect us the most. Here are the five “little things” that I came up with this morning while laying in bed, trying to prep myself for the week ahead:
1. Having a pet that sleeps with you every night and then every morning when you wake up, she gets up too and comes over to you to snuggle and purr for awhile before you have to start your day.
2. Having to google some pop reference that you have no idea what it stands for and realizing you are starting to get “old” because you are not up to date with these teeny lingoes (but having a laugh about it!)
3. Waking up and hearing the birds chirping. Hearing the hoot of an owl because it’s early enough that they’re still out. Looking out your window and see the sun is shining.
4. Starting your day off with a loved one, getting ready simultaneously, complaining about “what a long day it’s gonna be” and “Monday’s suck ugh omg bye” but knowing you’re not alone in your “struggle” – everybody’s tired.
5. You are alive. You woke up to a new day. It can hold just about anything. Endless opportunities await you. Maybe it’ll be just an ordinary day, maybe it will be an awful exhausting day, but maybe it will be a day that changes your life forever (in a good way.) You really never know.
Have a wonderful day and a great week!
Naturally, when the weather gets warmer and it’s the first really nice day of spring (that falls on a weekend) people come crawling out of their hidey holes like a bunch of ants swarming all over the place and everything is just chaos. That was basically my weekend. While I normally kind of really despise any type of crowds, it was okay this time because the weather was nice and people seemed happy and carefree. Winter is over! I hope. I had plans to do a lot of writing this weekend, but who wants to stay cooped up in their office while the sun is shining and the breeze is blowing through your hair? I promise my blog will get back to having some quality content this week! In the meantime, here are some snapshots of my weekend (all pictures taken with my new Canon Rebel T3 which I am in love with, as you can tell.)
Check out the rest of the photos on my flickr account!